I’m excited to reveal an offshoot of our Herbedicinals brand – it will specialize in premium quality body care products. The Herbedicinals brand is strictly based on our own herbs, while Raven Skin Care will be focused on organic and natural sera such as facial oils, hyaluronic acid, vitamin c, and eye gels, creams, lotions, and more.
The premier Raven Skin Care product is an anti-aging facial serum with formulations geared toward people with normal, dry, combination, or oily/acne-prone skin types. I chose several different types of organic, nourishing and medicinal oils to blend together and carefully selected organic (of course) essential oils from Plant Therapy.
- Apricot kernel oil is a favorite oil among those with combination to dry skin types. It absorbs into the skin well, is anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, anti-oxidant, and anti-bacterial which makes it a valuable ally against acne causing bacteria.
- Argan oil has skin reparation benefits along with the very low chance of clogging pores. Another reason to reach for this oil is for its ability to treat acne and acne scars.
- Castor oil has strong detox and purging properties. It also increases cell turnover which is why it is used as an acne treatment. Due to its ricinoleic acid content, castor oil is a very drying oil and must be diluted before using it on the skin. It is suitable for oily skin types but may cause purging and detox of the skin.
- Cranberry seed oil is highly emollient, and is known for its skin moisturizing properties. It absorbs well and holds in moisture which helps protect the skin’s structure and texture. It works especially well for those with dry scaly skin. This oil may break you out if you have very oily skin and will work better for those with drier acne prone skin.
- Emu oil is very similar to our skin’s essential fatty acid ratios making it the most transdermal oil known. It absorbs very well into the skin carrying anything you add to it into the dermal layer as well. This is what makes emu oil such a sought after oil in skincare. Applying it to the skin reduces inflammation, pain, and redness. This oil is well tolerated by most skin types and is used primarily as a vehicle for other potent skincare ingredients like essential oils. Suitable for drier skin types.
- Grape seed oil is well-suited for most skin types and has a low chance of clogging pores. Grape seed oil is rich in Vitamin E which helps tighten and moisturize the skin. It reduces inflammation, redness, and accelerates the healing of acne. This is a very light oil that absorbs easily without a greasy residue.
- Hemp seed oil for its skin softening and moisturizing properties. It also reduces redness and inflammation associated with acne breakouts and is a great treatment for eczema, psoriasis, and dry, itchy skin.
The essential oils I selected are very simple.
- Egyptian Geranium is a marvelous skin-balancing oil and can help improve the overall skin complexion. It is gently harmonizing, uplifting, and gentle.
- Lavender can help reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles and help soothe alterations in skin integrity, such as during sun exposure.
- Lemongrass has antiseptic and astringent properties perfect for getting even and glowing skin.
- Sweet Orange is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory which makes it an ideal ingredient in your skin and hair routine. This oil isn’t just for acne-prone skin though: It’s been shown to increase the ability to absorb vitamin C, collagen production, and blood flow – all of which are essential for anti-aging.
I will update here with a link when I have the listing completed.